“Music expresses feelings beyond a time frame and what can’t be put into words.” – Coachella goer
The Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival (commonly referred to as Coachella or the Coachella Festival) is an annual music and arts festival held at the Empire Polo Club in Indio, California, located in the Inland Empire’s Coachella Valley in the Colorado Desert. There are main stages: Gobi Tent, Mojave Tent, Outdoor Theatre, Sahara Tent. The Oasis Dome was retired and a new Yuma stage was introduced in 2013. They have showcased many popular artists and well established musicians. They also have emerging artists and reunited groups.
- Genre Rock, indie, hip hop, EDM
- Dates Consecutive weekends in April
- Location: Empire Polo Club 81-800 Avenue 51 Indio, California 92201
- Music arts festival
- Years active 1999, 2001-present
- Founded by Paul Tollett
- ATM fees are insanely high.
- Most profitable music festival in the United States of America.
- Small city with about 40,000 residents.
- Pearl Jam performed there on November 5, 1993 for almost 25,000 fans.
- Naked mystical fairies and wizards usually get tazed.
- Police activity is high during the event, cops made roughly 90 arrests in 2013.
- Not everyone that attends know where they are or what they’re doing.
- Dr. Dre and Snoop brought out a computer-generated (hologram) version of Tupac Shakur in 2012.